Is this real Geomag?

Is this real Geomag?

Postby s-e-e » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:28 am

I want to buy some Geomag sets for my son (and myself ;) I think ). Anyway, after a quick check in the local toy stores here in Izmir/Turkey and the local online sellers I ended up with nothing, and decided to try my chance on ebay. I found this item, which seemed to have a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GEOMAG-350-PC-SET-a ... 3357ec665c

What put me in doubt is that this item doesn't seem to take place on either old geomagsa or the new geomag product list. Is this item real geomag ?

Another question is, are all geomag products compatible with each other? Say I bought this item, and I want to add some pro sets later on, can I use them together? Besides the magnetic forces are there any other differences between pro and other sets?

I'm new to the subject, hope I'm not bothering you with silly questions.
s-e-e

Re: Is this real Geomag?

Postby Wim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Yes it is real Geomag. It's not a bad deal, especially if you want a bunch of panels. I picked up 4 of these for 139.99 last year, and just before Christmas this seller actually sold a bunch of these sets at 4 starting at $99, usually going around $110 for 4 sets. Just be aware that the suitcases seem flimsy (although they are sturdier than they seem at first but I still wouldn't use them for anything but panel storage) and that you end up with 84 bars in 4 colors per suitcase and a whole lot of panels (which is why I bought these to begin with since I needed more panels).

If you send the seller a message you can probably get a better deal off of her by buying multiple sets.

All Geomag (and Geomag Pro) is compatible. Geomag Kids has a different size though and as such isn't a perfect fit with regular Geomag (from my perspective anyway).
Wim

Re: Is this real Geomag?

Postby s-e-e » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 am

Thank you Wim, that was very helpful :)

So I better start figuring out a way for shipping to Turkey. I'll need to make some arrangements, probably through a friend who has an adress and been buying stuff from the US. I hope it won't be too late.
s-e-e

Return to General Geomag discussions